The world’s fastest snack, and a great way to introduce your little ones to some tasty tex-mex! These crispy mini quesadillas are cooked up in no time and are the perfect finger food for little hands. They’re equally popular with grown-ups – as an in-between snack or for the party buffet.
Vary the filling to your taste by adding chopped up zucchini, cooked spinach, shredded chicken or chopped meat, fresh herbs – your fridge is the limit! Leftover filling can be mixed with some egg to make a yummie omelette. Be sure not to overfill your quesadillas as they won’t stick together well, and it will be messy to eat them.
50 g (1/3 c) red pepper
1 small spring onion
50 g (1/3 c) sweet corn
50 g (1/3 c) cottage cheese
50 g (1/2 c) grated mozarella
4 mini tortilla shells
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1. Chop red pepper and onion into small pieces.
2. Mix in a bowl with corn, cottage cheese and mozzarella and add black pepper to taste.
3. Warm the tortilla shells in the microwave for 10 seconds, or in the oven for a minute (they are less likely to break this way when you fold them).
4. Divide filling and spread onto half of each shell. Fold in half and press down.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry quesadillas 2 min on each side, or until golden brown.
6. Cut in halves and serve.
Preparation: 5 min | Cooking time: 3 min | Servings: 4 pieces